Hi, pet parent!
Even though I am young (18), I already have alot of experience caring for & training dogs - more info below. I have always been a dog person, I easily form a connection & understanding with new dogs quickly, which I definitely take full advantage of!
I have grown up in a house full of pets, getting a distinction in animal care from Plumpton college, at just 16. I am now in the process of completing dog behaviour, health & nutrition diplomas at the British college of canine studies.
I have my own pet cats (Pixie & Jessie) as well as my highly trained assistance dog, who I have trained myself. Her name is Zephyr.
I am confident in handling, caring for & training ALL breeds but here are a list of breeds I have personal experience with: Cocker spaniels, Beagles, Labradors, Border collies, German shepherds, Frenchies & a variety of mixed breeds.
My animal specific qualifications:
Animal care diploma- Level 1
Dog grooming certificate- Level 1
Canine behaviour diploma- Level 3
Canine health/nutrition diploma-Lvl 3
Dog training experience (as of July):
• Training my own task trained assistance dog from a puppy - nearly 3 years, she will be qualifying with her organisation soon
• I have helped managed & improve past border's obedience or behaviour issues (please ask for more info)
• Obedience trained my mother's stubborn rescue beagle mix reliable recall, focus/engagement & currently working on loose lead manners
• Mainly just working on learning as much as I can so I can qualify, please bare in mind if you want my training services - I'm not yet qualified but I'd be happy to assess & see if I can help at a discounted rate.
If pet is in my home:
• I have 2 gardens (fenced & unfenced) available for toilet breaks
• A nice small park just across the road for quick walks & loads of countryside for longer walks
• No human food is ever left in reach of pets, also I am aware of which particular foods are toxic to dogs.
• I Can offer basic to advanced obedience training & mild behaviour modification training
• I can offer dog grooming, from just deshedding to full grooms.
• I have 2 cats, who are used to dogs & an assistance dog (Zephyr)
• I also live with my mother's pet dogs too, they're on the older side so they don't interact with borders - other than pack walks
• An abundance of toys or enrichment activities your dog can enjoy & plenty of snack choices
• Of course fresh water always available, there are 2 bowls in my room & 2 bowls in the kitchen
• A crate is also available if the dog wants their own space