Any member of the family deserves a festive menu, right?
Why don’t you make the most of your Christmas cheer to cook some savoury delights for your pooch?
Follow our recipes and make your dog happy this Christmas by putting some yummy in its tummy!
A little advice before we start:
- Some products should never be eaten by dogs, even in small amounts. Learn how to recognise and avoid them.
- Avoid adding any salt and sugar when you’re cooking for your dog
- Make sure whenever you visit your vet you get some dietary advice every time. Start building this up and use what you learn to make the healthiest recipes for your dog.
Now we’ve covered the basics, here’s a festive 3 course menu for your pooch!
- 1/2 kg of liver
- 1 cup of wheat flour
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Mash the liver into a puree
- Gradually add the oats and flour until the dough looks the right consistency
- Press your mixture into a dish greased with olive oil
- Bake in the oven at 180ºC for 25 minutes
- Allow to cool, and serve cold. Can be kept in the fridge for up to a week.
- 2 tins of tuna in spring water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- Parmesan cheese
- Crumble the tuna into a bowl
- Mix in with sieved flour and both eggs
- Add water, a little at a time to get a dough which is springy
- Add the cheese into your mix
- Leave to rest for 30 to 60 minutes, covered in cling or a dishcloth
- Flatten down the dough with a rolling pin and cut the appetisers in the shape you wish: heart, bone, Christmas tree etc.
- Bake in the oven at 180ºC for 15 minutes
- Serve at room temperature
- 225 gr. of potatoes
- 225 gr. of courgette
- 110 gr. of celery
- 1 turkey breast (225 gr. pound)
- 1/2 cube of reduced salt beef stock
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- In a pressure cooker, place the potatoes, courgette, celery (all diced) and cover with boiling water
- Add the bits of turkey, half stock cube and flour
- Mix everything together
- Leave to cook for 9 minutes over a medium/high heat
- Serve at room temperature or cold
- 500 gr. of minced meat
- 2 slices of white bread
- 70 gr. of green beans
- 70 gr. of garden peas
- 2 small carrots
- 4 eggs
- Bread crumbs
- In a saucepan, boil the peas, beans and carrots for 20 minutes and set aside
- Make an omelette with the eggs, and again, set aside
- Mix the minced meat with the white bread (previously soaked in milk)
- On some cling film, place in successive layers the meat, vegetables and omelette.
- Roll everything inside the cling film to get a swiss roll-type thing (sorry, we’re not Nigella!!)
- Leave to rest for 20 minutes
- Remove cling film and add the breadcrumbs to the outer layer of the roll
- Place the roll inside the oven on a greased baling dish for 35 – 40 minutes at 180ºC.
- 3 cups of oats
- 1 and 1/4 cups of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 bananas, mashed up
- Mix the bananas with the milk, honey and eggs
- Add the flour and oats, a bit at a time
- Bake in the oven in a greased, deep tray for 25 minutes at 160ºC
Do you know Gudog?
Gudog is a platform that connects experienced dog sitters and dog owners. Our platform allows each owner to find the perfect caregiver, making the reservation conveniently and guaranteeing secure payment. Gudog is the best alternative to dog boarding kennels.